Tuesday 13 July 2010

Sayonara Senoritas

Saturday was the official Tokushima JET Sayonara party, held around some cabins by the river in the mountains of Kamiyama. It had been threatening to rain all day, but the weather didn't get any worse than a bit of cloud cover. We paddled in the river and fought over seating around the barbecue to cook the food that we'd brought. It was strange because while I got the impression that the people who were staying were sad about those leaving, I didn't feel sad because it still hasn't fully sunk in that I'm going. I know it as a fact, I even worry about it as a state of affairs in the future, but I have yet to feel the reality of it.

Though I was at the party for five hours, it seemed like no time at all. I might have stayed the night, as many of the others did, but Emily and I had big Sunday plans, around which the next post will revolve.

No comments: