Tuesday 28 September 2010

Back again

I've been out of the blogosphere for the last week, mostly due to my laptop being in the shop for repairs. It was overheating playing Age of Empires 3 and the speakers had been broken for a while. I suppose if I'd been desperate to write I could have done it through my iPad, but I got frustrated dealing with the smaller screen.

Anyway, in the week I've been away I managed to finish my CELTA pre-course task (took me a while, but I got there) and I went to a meeting on Saturday because I'm doing a Creative Writing course with the Open University, starting in October. Should be fun.

Also, I've had a lot of driving lessons recently. Before the end of August, I'd never driven a car before, and I didn't even understand the basic principles involved. Now I'm cruising along merrily, at least until I change gear too fast and stall the car with a queue of traffic behind. This week we started on three point turns, which may be a bit of a mental block for me. Too many things to think about at once.

Also, I got a pinboard onto which I have stuck my Creative Writing course schedule and a weekly planner in the hopes that it'll get me on track with the various things that need doing. I'll see how that works out. I've cleared my desk of most of the unnecessary items and turned it into more of a work space.

Productivity, here I come.

1 comment:

Anji said...

You do seem busy. I think that driving is like using a computer, lots of things to do at once - we all pick it up in the end. I've never been any good at reversing into parking space.

The Creative Writing sounds interesting, I hope that we will get to read some of the results